Let’s get wild on paper, shall we?
Wild Words Workshop is a timed writing process that we use to tell our stories with and to uncover the themes we want to write about.
- No previous writing experience needed
- For 15 minutes we write as fast as we can, pen never leaving the page.
- Write quickly, not caring about grammar or spelling
- Forget about looking good – just write whatever comes to mind
- Move into a less self conscious, loose groove
- We may stumble into the fertile imagination that lingers within you
- Conjure stories and memories that are waiting to be written
After we write we read our work aloud. We don’t critique, we just listen.
There is magic in being received and heard and NOT JUDGED.
This technique, while very therapeutic, is also a wonderful way to jumpstart any good writing project because it helps you get to the chewy nougat of what you are trying to say.
I keep the group small, no more than 6 -10 people. It’s intimate and powerful.
We are all navigating strange times, and going through collective grieving, collective trauma, collective hope.
This is the perfect time to explore, reflect, pause, notice, and learn about yourself. Writing Your Way Home.
This writing is for you as a healing tool, or a way to capture what life is like for you right now.
Writing Yourself Back Home Workshop
I’m offering a writing workshop offering a safe, encouraging and nonjudgemental place to express yourself through writing. Together we will be exploring themes such as identity, racism, “otherness,” hope, gratitude, anger, frustration, healing, and peace. It’s a chance to remember we’re not alone. Together we will creatively share our unique experiences of life.
What to expect:
- Join me via computer (ZOOM).
- Bring your journal and a few pens.
- I’d like to encourage writing this way, as it connects the soul to the page more than computer writing – which feels more like work (to me).
- We will spend 1.5 hours per day, for three days in a row.
- Cost is $199 for the weekend
From a previous student:
One day per week for 8 weeks, Monday evenings Pacific Time, 90 minutes per session $299 US
I’ve taken this class and seen amazing wonderful magic happen. Transformation. This is why I’m now taking on the teaching of this practice and want to share it with you.
If interested, please email me: Alison.Victor@gmail.com.
Join me if you’d like to learn more about how to become a WILD WORDS WRITER in one of my many Wild Words Workshops, all online.
Another student said: “I’m in a writing workshop this weekend led by @avmultimedia . I don’t usually think of myself as a writer. This workshop doesn’t require that. There are no requirements other than to show up and write (with prompts she gives us). It’s a small, intimate group. And it’s virtual, of course, due to shelter-in-place. It’ll be a written snapshot of this time and these extraordinary (C19) circumstances.“
I look forward to speaking with you and creating with you, soon!